ABC Hybrid Sealant is a multi-purpose sealant that has all the benefits of a PU sealant and more. It is a high modulus, neutral cure and flexible sealant that cures at room temperature. Its excellent primerless adhesion makes it suitable for sealing a wide range of construction materials (e.g. concrete, metal, bricks, glass, plastic, wood, granite & other mineral-based substrates).
- UV & weather resistant
- Mold resistant
- Paintable after 24 hours
- Strong adhesion to most substrates
- 2-in-1 adhesive & sealant
- Highly elastic after curing
- Excellent tooling properties
- Eco-friendly: solvent-free, isocyanate-free & phthalate-free
- Low VOC levels
- Free of dibutyl tin compounds
- Almost odorless
- Easy to process from +5°C to +40°C
- Stable at temp. from -40°C to +80°C
- Highly resistant to mineral oils, acid, solvents & alkalis
Color: White, Gray
Packaging: 300ml cartridge
Storage & Shelf Life: When stored in a cool dry place & in its original unopened packaging, ABC Hybrid Sealant Sealant will remain usable one year from date of manufacture.
Warranty: Due to variety of applications, different working methods and the various properties of bases, we cannot assume responsibility or liability with regard to the application of our products. Our guarantee and liability are restricted to the quality of our products at the time of acceptance of the customer of such products. In no case shall our liability extend beyond replacement of defective products, if any, found at the time of acceptance. For all deliveries and services, our General Sales Condition including warranties stipulated for each case are valid.
The surface that will be in contact with the sealant must be clean, dry and free of paint & other contaminants such as dirt, dust, rust, loose material, oils & chemicals. Non-porous substrates should be cleaned with a solvent and a clean, dry lint-free cotton cloth. Remove residual solvent using a new cloth before it evaporates.
TIP: Protect surrounding areas with masking tape to ensure a clean and professional application. Remove tape before sealant dries.
Consumption of Firestop 300ml (approx.)
Application Width 5 mm 10 mm 15 mm 20 mm 25 mm
Application Depth 3 mm 5 mm 8 mm 10 mm 12 mm
Coverage Area 20 m 6 m 2.5 m 1.50 m 1 m
Note: Minimum / maximum joint width 5mm / 25mm (recommended joint depth / width ratio is 1:2)
How to use Silicone Sealants
1. Use a standard caulk gun to dispense the sealant. Hold the caulk gun at a 45° angle while pulling the gun towards your self.
2. Tool immediately using a spatula or wet your finger with soapy water to further push the sealant into the gap and to smoothen out the seam. Sealant will begin to skin on the exposed surface after 20 – 40 minutes and curing will progress inward.
TIP: For areas with very deep joints: Use foam backer rods which will control the depth of the sealant and ensure good bonding.
Note: Remove excess sealant from surface with knife or spatula. Depending on humidity and temperature, applied sealant is touch dry after approx. 20 – 40 minutes.
Caution: Protect from water exposure for at least 4 hours after application.