ABC TILE ADHESIVE HEAVY-DUTY is a cement-based adhesive designed for bonding all types & sizes of tiles and stoneware for floor and wall tile installations. High quality aggregates and selected chemical additives are used, strictly conforming to International Standards.
Indoor and outdoor tile installations on concrete surfaces for all tile types and sizes (including large format), pavers, low porosity tiles, heavy foot traffic areas, pool & water features.
- Increased flexibility for outdoor tiling, large format tiles & heavy foot traffic areas
- Fast & easy application & installation
- Professional finish & excellent workmanship
- High tensile adhesive strength (300 PSI)
- Extra High performance
- Easy to trowel (achieve 100% mortar coverage for best results)
- High shear strength (withstands minor structural movements caused by moving loads)
- Resistant to thermal deformation (adapts to temperature change)
- Economical (high productivity, achieve more in less time)
- Eco-friendly (low volatile organic compound levels)
Concrete surface must be fully cured, structurally stable, level, clean and free of paint and contaminants such as dirt, dust, loose material, oils, chemicals, etc.
|New concrete||Concrete must have fully cured (28 days)|
|Waterproofed concrete||Cementitious waterproofing must have cured 3 days (conduct flood/leak test if needed)|
|Painted concrete||Abrade paint (w/ steel brush and paint remover)|
|Smooth concrete||Apply scratch coat to roughen surface|
|Repair work||Remove old loose tile & concrete mortar|
|COVERAGE of 25kg Tile Adhesive Heavy-Duty (approx)|
|Tile Size||Adhesive Thickness||Area|
|30 x 30cm & smaller|
and mosaic tiles
|3 mm||5 m²|
|60 x 60cm & smaller||6 mm||2.6 m²|
|larger than 60 x 60cm||10 mm||1.6 m²|
|NOTE: Coverage is dependent on tile size, surface smoothness of the back of the tile, substrate condition and adhesive application thickness. The bigger the tile, the smaller the coverage area.|
How to use ABC Tile Adhesive Heavy-Duty
|Mechanical (Electric Mixer)||5.50 L||25 kg|
|Manual (Mason's Trowel)||6.25 L|
Pour water in a plastic pail & add Tile Adhesive Heavy- Duty. Mix 2-3 minutes to attain a smooth, lump-free & pasty consistency. Let mixture rest for 15 minutes. Mix again briefly before use. (NEVER mix old batch with new batch.)
Apply tile adhesive with a notched trowel combing in a straight manner 1m2 at a time. For large format tiles or tiles with a smooth back surface, apply a scratch coat at the back of the tile & let dry before using the double spreading adhesive method. (Dampen concrete surface before adhesive application.)
3. Tile Installation
Install tiles within 20 minutes mortar open time. Use tile spacers for proper alignment. Position and adjust tiles within 15 minutes. (Foot traffic after 24 hours)
- Do random checks if the back of the tiles are fully covered with tile adhesive.
- Check if tile adhesive mortar still adheres to your finger to find out if the open time has not lapsed. If open time has lapsed, remove old tile adhesive layer and reapply a new one to avoid bonding failure.
- NEVER add newly prepared tile adhesive to a previously mixed batch.
- Use tile spacers for uniform grout lines. A tile joint width is needed to accommodate possible tile movement due to thermal deformation, substrate shrinkage or tile expansion, thus preventing the tile from cracking.
Colors: Gray & White
Packaging: 5 kg plastic bag and 25 kg multi-layer paper bag.
Storage & Shelf Life: Store in a cool dry place. ABC Tile Adhesive Heavy-Duty will remain usable one year from date of manufacture.
Warranty: Due to variety of applications, different working methods and the various properties of bases, we cannot assume responsibility or liability with regard to the application of our products. Our guarantee and liability are restricted to the quality of our products at the time of acceptance of the customer of such products. In no case shall our liability extend beyond replacement of defective products, if any, found at the time of acceptance. For all deliveries and services, our General Sales Condition including warranties stipulated for each case are valid.