ABC TILE ADHESIVE Heavy-Duty is a cement-based adhesive designed for bonding all types of tiles for floor & wall tile installations. Application areas include indoor & outdoor concrete surfaces. ABC TILE ADHESIVE HEAVYDUTY is primarily used for low porosity tiles, glass mosaic tiles, stoneware & all types of large format tiles. It is highly recommended for outdoor tiling, pool & water features & all heavy-foot traffic areas.
- Extra Strong bonding
- High Pull-out Strength
- Resistant to Thermal Deformation
- Withstands structural movements
- Fast & Easy Installation
- Stays flexible
- Eco-friendly & Low VOC Levels
|ABC Tile Adhesive|
|Application Thickness||Coverage (approx.)|
|Original||25 kg||3 mm||5 m²|
|Low-Dust||6 mm||2.6 m²|
|Heavy-Duty||10 mm||1.6 m²|
Colors: Gray & White
Packaging: 5 kg plastic bag and 25 kg multi-layer paper bag.
Storage & Shelf Life: Store in a cool dry place. ABC Tile Adhesive Heavy-Duty will remain usable one year from date of manufacture.
Warranty: Due to variety of applications, different working methods and the various properties of bases, we cannot assume responsibility or liability with regard to the application of our products. Our guarantee and liability are restricted to the quality of our products at the time of acceptance of the customer of such products. In no case shall our liability extend beyond replacement of defective products, if any, found at the time of acceptance. For all deliveries and services, our General Sales Condition including warranties stipulated for each case are valid.
- The surface must be fully cured, structurally stable, level, even, clean & free of paint & contaminants such as dirt, dust, loose material, oil and chemicals.
- Usealevelbartoensurethesurface’slevelnessand/or plumpness.
- For painted surfaces: acid etch or abrade paint to ensure proper bonding.
- For water exposed areas: use ABC Aquashield Plus Flexible Waterproofing before tiling.
How to use ABC Tile Adhesive Heavy-Duty
Use plastic pail as mixing base. Pour water into container and add ABC TILE ADHESIVE Heavy-Duty that can be used within the pot life of 4 hours. POT LIFE is the time during which the mix can be used. Using a mixing torque, stir to attain smooth, lump-free and pasty consistency. Let it rest for 15 minutes and restir briefly before use.
| Mixing Ratio |
(Water + Tile Adhesive)
|Mixing Method||Mixing Tool|
|5.50L + 25kg||Mechanical||mixing torque|
|6.25L + 25kg||Manual||mason's trowel|
Caution: Use only non-absorptive materials as mixing base (plastic pail or G.I. sheet). If absorptive materials such as plywood, wooden box, gypsum board, fiber cement board or cardboard is used, it will affect the chemical properties of the product, which can result in bonding failure and poor product performance.
Dampen concrete surface one section at the time before application. Using a notched trowel, spread mortar in horizontal straight manner to produce a ribbed thin bed. Apply evenly over an area of 1m2 at a time . For large format tiles or stoneware, apply tile adhesive on two surfaces (on the substrate and at the back of the tile or stone to be installed).
|Tile Size||Tile Adhesive Thickness|
|Mosaic||below 30 x 30cm||3mm (Thin bed)|
|Medium||60 x 60cm & below||6mm (Medium bed)|
|Large||above 60 x 60cm||10mm (Thick bed)|
3. Tile Installation
Install tiles within the open time of 20 minutes. During the open time, the mortar’s adhesive strength is most effective. Adjust and align tiles. Use a rubber mallet to apply pressure on the tiles & assure proper bonding. Ready for foot traffic after 24 hours.
- Do random checks if the back of the tiles are fully covered with tile adhesive.
- Check if tile adhesive mortar still adheres to your finger to find out if the open time has not lapsed. If open time has lapsed, remove old tile adhesive layer and reapply a new one to avoid bonding failure.
- NEVER add newly prepared tile adhesive to a previously mixed batch.
- Use tile spacers for uniform grout lines. A tile joint width is needed to accommodate possible tile movement due to thermal deformation, substrate shrinkage or tile expansion, thus preventing the tile from cracking.