AQUASHIELD PLUS is a flexible cementitious waterproofing compound formulated for use over concrete surfaces. Its two component system utilizes a blend of cementitious materials and the latest advancements in polymer latex technology. This highly effective waterproofing is flexible, non-toxic and very easy to apply.
- Excellent Bonding – Aquashield Plus is 100% compatible with any concrete surface. Once applied, it will be monolithic with the concrete substrate.
- Flexible – Hairline cracks can be easily bridged to maintain the integrity of the waterproofing barrier. No leaks to worry about.
- Non-toxic – suitable for potable water storage tanks like cisterns, as well as for fishponds.
- Fast & Easy application – A stiff bristle brush will do the job. Unlike bitumen or elastomeric type systems, there is no need to wait 28 days for full curing of concrete substrates before application of waterproofing.
- Ready to accept further finish – After application & flood testing, surface is ready to accept further finishing. It is compatible with tiling, mortar topping, plastering / skimcoating and elastomeric painting
|Aquashield Plus||Coverage (approx.)|
|4.5kg set||1.5m² (at 2 coats)|
|36kg set||12m² (at 2 coats)|
|Calculation is based on applying 2 coats of waterproofing.
Consumption is dependent on substrate condition.
Packaging: 4.5 kg set and 36 kg set (each set contains 2 components – liquid & powder)
Storage & Shelf Life: When stored in a cool dry place & in its original unopened packaging, Aquashield Plus will remain usable one year from date of manufacture.
Warranty: Due to variety of applications, different working methods and the various properties of bases, we cannot assume responsibility or liability with regard to the application of our products. Our guarantee and liability are restricted to the quality of our products at the time of acceptance of the customer of such products. In no case shall our liability extend beyond replacement of defective products, if any, found at the time of acceptance. For all deliveries and services, our General Sales Condition including warranties stipulated for each case are valid.
How to use Aquashield Plus
In a clean plastic pail, pour Aquashield Plus liquid (component A) & slowly add the powder (component B). Stir to attain a smooth and lump-free consistency.
| 9L |
Use a stiff bristle brush to apply Aquashield Plus cementitious waterproofing. It must be applied with a minimum of 2 coats where each coat is applied in a different direction (horizontal & vertical) to form a weave like layer ensuring full surface coverage and no pinholes. Wait 4 – 6 hours before applying the second coat. If a third coat is required, observe the same time interval and procedure prior to application. In cases where water seepages or infiltration is heavy, 3 – 4 coats are recommended.
Aquashield Plus must cure for at least 3 days depending on application area, weather and site conditions before any further finishing.
Caution: For areas exposed to direct sunlight (e.g. roof deck) cover Aquashield Plus with a damp cloth or plastic sheet to prevent premature curing.
Any waterproofing membrane must be protected with further finishing against possible damage. Preparations must be done respectively prior to any of the following finishing choices:
- Mortar Topping – Apply mortar topping with Zembond admixture.
- Zemcoat Skimcoat (thin plastering) – Prior to skimcoat, apply Redifix slurry. The slurry needs to rest for at least 4 hours or overnight before skimcoat application.
- Tile Installation – apply ABC Tile Adhesive directly on top of fully cured Aquashield.
- Elastomeric Paint – paint directly on top of fully cured Aquashield.