AQUASHIELD PLUS is a 2 component cementitious flexible waterproofing compound formulated for direct application over concrete surfaces. Its 2 component system utilizes a blend of cementitious materials and the latest polymer technology. This highly effective waterproofing is flexible, non-toxic, easy to apply and compatible with tiling, elastomeric paint, concrete topping and plastering. Aquashield Plus is spread in a paint-like manner to bridge hairline cracks and for total coverage. Its water base formula makes Aquashield Plus an economical and safe product to use.
- Long term protection against water leaks and seepage
- Flexible (hairline cracks can be easily bridged to maintain the integrity of the waterproofing barrier)
- Excellent bonding
- Fast & Easy (direct application on concrete surfaces)topping, thin plastering, epoxy coating and rubber paint)
- Ready to accept further finishing (tile installation, mortar topping, thin plastering, epoxy coating and rubber paint)
- Non-toxic suitable for potable water storage tanks, cistern tanks and fish ponds.
- Time Saving (Can be apply to a new concrete surface that has cured 3 to 7 days only)
- Eco-friendly (low volatile organic compound levels)
Packaging: 4.5 kg set and 36 kg set (each set contains 2 components – liquid & powder)
Storage & Shelf Life: When stored in a cool dry place & in its original unopened packaging, Aquashield Plus will remain usable one year from date of manufacture.
Warranty: Due to variety of applications, different working methods and the various properties of bases, we cannot assume responsibility or liability with regard to the application of our products. Our guarantee and liability are restricted to the quality of our products at the time of acceptance of the customer of such products. In no case shall our liability extend beyond replacement of defective products, if any, found at the time of acceptance. For all deliveries and services, our General Sales Condition including warranties stipulated for each case are valid.
Concrete surface must be fully cured, structurally stable, clean and free of paint and contaminants such as dirt, dust, loose material, oils, chemicals, etc. Dampen surface area well to kill suction and
prevent premature curing before waterproofing application.
|New concrete||Can be applied to new concrete that has cured (3-7 days)|
|Smooth concrete||Direct application|
|CHB||Walls must be plastered & cured|
|Painted concrete||Abrade paint (w/ steel brush and paint remover)|
|Repair work||Floors: remove mortar topping & damped waterproofing
Walls: remove old paint & blistering plaster, etc.
|Aquashield Plus||2 coats||3 coats||4 coats|
|4.5 kg set||1 - 1.5 m²||0.75 m² - 1 m²||-|
|36 kg set||10 - 12 m²||8 - 9 m²||5 - 6 m²|
How to use Aquashield Plus
In a clean plastic pail, pour Aquashield Plus liquid (Component A) and slowly add the powder (Component B). For best results use electric mixer to attain a smooth and lump-free consistency.
|MIXING RATIO (approx.)|
|Component A||Component B|
|1 L||3 - 3.5 kg|
|9 L||27 kg|
Note: If absorptive material is used as mixing base (plywood, cardboard, etc.) it will affect the chemical properties of the product, which can result in bonding failure and poor product performance.
Apply using a stiff bristle brush minimum of 2 coats in different directions (horizontal & vertical) to form a weave like application ensuring full surface coverage & no pinholes. Wait 4-6 hours before applying the second coat. For areas where water seepages or infiltration is heavy, 3-4 coats are recommended. Conduct flood testing if needed & wait 24hrs to ensure it is leak proof.
Caution: For areas exposed to direct sunlight (e.g. roof deck) cover waterproofing application with a damp cloth or plastic sheet to prevent premature curing.
Any waterproofing membrane must be protected with further finishing against possible damage. Preparations must be done respectively prior to any of the following finishing.
- Mortar Topping – Apply mortar topping with Zembond admixture directly on cured Aquashield.
- Zemcoat Skimcoat (thin plastering mortar) – Apply scratch coat on cured Aquashield. Let it rest for at least 4 hours or overnight before thin plastering.
- Tile Installation – Apply ABC Tile Adhesive directly on top of cured Aquashield.
- Epoxy coating or Rubber paint – Apply paint directly on top of fully cured Aquashield.