THERMOSHIELD is a high quality heat insulating mortar designed for concrete surfaces. Its unique water resistant formulation makes it ideal for both exterior and interior application areas. Thermoshield has exceptional insulating properties compared to regular mortar. It reduces heat absorption, as well as heat transfer by 140% which results in achieving and maintaining a cooler room temperature. Thermoshield buffers and reduces sound transmission, whereas regular mortar allows sound to travel directly through walls and ceilings.
- Saves energy
- Water resistant
- Fire retardant
- Light weight
- Reduces heat absorption & heat transfer by 140%
- Reduces sound transmission
- Direct application
- Easy application
Thermoshield Application Thickness Coverage (approx.)
23kg 2.5 cm (1”) 2m²
5 cm (2”) 1m²
Packaging: 23kg multilayer paperbag
Storage & Shelf Life: When stored in a cool dry place & in its original unopened packaging, Thermoshield Heat Insulating Mortar will remain usable 9 months from date of manufacture.
Warranty: Due to variety of applications, different working methods and the various properties of bases, we cannot assume responsibility or liability with regard to the application of our products. Our guarantee and liability are restricted to the quality of our products at the time of acceptance of the customer of such products. In no case shall our liability extend beyond replacement of defective products, if any, found at the time of acceptance. For all deliveries and services, our General Sales Condition including warranties stipulated for each case are valid.
Surface must be fully cured, structurally stable, level, even, clean & free of contaminants (e.g. dirt, dust, loose material, oils & chemicals). Surface preparation is dependent on substrate condition.
How to use Thermoshield – Heat Insulating Mortar
1. Use a non-absorptive container as mixing base (eg. plastic pail or cement mixer).
2. Pour water into a pail & add Thermoshield. POT LIFE: 3 hours. Pot life is the time during which the prepared mix can be used.
3. Thermoshield thickens when mixed with water. To attain a lump-free & flowable consistency, the use of an electric mixer is essential. Allow mix to stand for 15 minutes & remix briefly before use.
Caution: Dampen substrate prior to Thermoshield application.
a. WALL Application – Thermoshield is applied directly on cured concrete walls using a steel trowel just like regular plastering. Surface preparation varies depending on surface condition. (See surface preparation chart.)
Caution: For walls that need plaster in excess of 1 inch, apply Thermoshield in layers allowing 1 day interval. Level the additional 1 inch layer with a straight-edge after its initial set.
b. DOUBLE WALL Application – Thermoshield is poured into a minimum 5cm cavity in between 2 CHB walls.
c. ROOF DECK Application – Thermoshield is applied directly on a cured concrete slab. If cementitious waterproofing was used to protect the concrete slab, then ABC Scratch Coat is needed prior to applying Thermoshield.
Caution: Protect the initial and final layers of Thermoshield from direct sunlight for at least 2 days. Damp curing with burlap is advised during summer season. Covering with polyethylene sheets is necessary during rainy season.
Further finishing for Wall applications:
1. Thermoshield must cure for a minimum of 7 days.
2. Apply Zembond Primer.
3. Apply Zemcoat Skimcoat Original & Super Fine.
4. Apply further finishing (e.g. paint or render).
Further finishing for Roof Deck applications:
1. Thermoshield must cure for a minimum of 14 days.
2. Add a 2 inch mortar topping with wire mesh to avoid cracks.
3. Apply further finishing (e.g. tile installation or elastomeric paint).