Thermoshield is a high quality heat insulating mortar designed for concrete surfaces. It reduces heat absorption and heat transfer by 140% which results in achieving and maintaining a cooler room temperature. It also buffers & reduces sound transmission, whereas regular mortar allows sound to travel directly through walls & ceilings. Its unique water resistant formulation prevents water penetration that functions as an extra protective layer. However, on rooftops where water ponding can occur, an additional layer of cementitious waterproofing is required.
- Water resistant (Ideal for exterior walls)
- Low & high temperature resistant
- Reduces heat absorption & heat transfer by 140%
- Maintains cool room temperature
- Fire retardant (Low linear expansion characteristics make it non-combustible. When subjected to high temperatures, heat & flames cannot penetrate Thermoshield’s surface as easily compared with ordinary plaster)
- Reduces sound transmission
- Direct application on rough concrete or CHB walls replacing cement plaster, thus reducing cost on building materials
- Light weight (Weighs approx. 60% less than concrete thus reducing the cost of structural reinforcements)
- Economical & saves energy (7x more resistant to heat transmission than cement plaster resulting in savings on electricity consumption for air conditioning)
- Eco-friendly (Low volatile organic compound levels)
Concrete surface must be cured, structurally stable, clean & free of paint and contaminants such as dirt, dust, loose material, oils and chemicals. Dampen substrate prior to Thermoshield application.
|Substrate Condition||Surface Preparation|
|New concrete||Substrate must have cured for 14-28 days|
|Painted concrete||Abrade paint (w/ steel brush and paint
|Smooth concrete||Apply scratch coat to roughen surface|
How to use Thermoshield – Heat Insulating Mortar
Use only non-absorbent containers such as plastic pail or a galvanized iron sheet as mixing base. Pour clean water into the mixing base & add 23kg Thermoshield. Stir for 3 – 5 minutes using a mixing torque to attain a lump-free consistency. Allow mix to stand for 15 minutes. Mix briefly before use. Use within 3 hours pot life.
|Wall plastering||12L - 14L||23kg|
|Roof deck ||16L|
Protect both the initial and final layers of Thermoshield from direct sunlight for at least 2 days. Damp curing with burlap is advised during summer season. Covering with polyethylene sheets is necessary during rainy season. (Curing time 7-28 days depending on application area)
a. WALL PLASTERING APPLICATION – Thermoshield is applied directly on cured concrete walls using a steel trowel just like regular plastering. Surface preparation varies depending on surface condition. For precast or smooth concrete, apply a scratch coat before Thermoshield. For walls that need plaster in excess of 1 inch, apply Thermoshield in layers allowing 1 day interval. Level the additional 1 inch layer with a straight-edge after its initial set.
Further finishing for Wall applications:
1. Thermoshield must cure 7 days minimum, for best result 28 days.
2. Apply Zembond Primer before further finishing (e.g. Zemcoat Skimcoat).
b. WALL POURING APPLICATION – Thermoshield is poured into a cavity (2 inches / 5cm) made of 2 CHB walls to create an insulated double wall.
c. ROOF DECK APPLICATION – Thermoshield is applied 1 – 2 inches on the concrete slab after applying scratch coat.
Further finishing for Roof Deck applications:
1. Thermoshield must cure 14 days mininum, best result 28 days.
2. Apply Aquashield Plus (cementitious waterproofing) before further finishing.
For non-walkable roof deck: Apply epoxy coating or rubber paint as further finishing.
For walkable roof deck: Apply a 2 inch mortar topping before tile installation as further finishing.
TIP: A wire mesh inside the mortar topping can avoid possible cracks.
Thermoshield Application thickness Area
23kg 1 inch (2.5 cm) 2m²
2 inches (5 cm) 1m²
Packaging: 23kg multilayer paperbag
Storage & Shelf Life: When stored in a cool dry place & in its original unopened packaging, Thermoshield Heat Insulating Mortar will remain usable 9 months from date of manufacture.
Warranty: Due to variety of applications, different working methods and the various properties of bases, we cannot assume responsibility or liability with regard to the application of our products. Our guarantee and liability are restricted to the quality of our products at the time of acceptance of the customer of such products. In no case shall our liability extend beyond replacement of defective products, if any, found at the time of acceptance. For all deliveries and services, our General Sales Condition including warranties stipulated for each case are valid.