ABC Firestop Sealant is a flexible medium modulus acrylic-based joint and penetration sealant for indoor and covered outdoor use. With incorporated high solid Firestop compound, it effectively seals joints and seams in compartment walls & floors against the spread of fire, smoke, toxic gases and water up to 4 hours. It adheres to most construction materials and is applicable for areas where fire resistance is mandatory.
- 4 hours fire rated
- Fire resistant
- Strong unprimed adhesion to most common construction substrates
- Low shrinkage
- Stays flexible
- Non-staining to the substrate
- Paintable after curing
- Medium modulus
- Room temperature cure
- One component sealant
- Easy to apply
- Tack-free after curing
- Low VOC levels
Packaging: 300ml cartridge
Storage & Shelf Life : When stored in a cool dry place & in its original unopened packaging, ABC Firestop Sealant will remain usable one year if stored in unopened-original package in a dry place at temperatures between +5°C and +25°C.
Warranty: Due to variety of applications, different working methods and the various properties of bases, we cannot assume responsibility or liability with regard to the application of our products. Our guarantee and liability are restricted to the quality of our products at the time of acceptance of the customer of such products. In no case shall our liability extend beyond replacement of defective products, if any, found at the time of acceptance. For all deliveries and services, our General Sales Condition including warranties stipulated for each case are valid.
Consumption of Firestop 300ml (approx.)
Application Width 5 mm 10 mm 15 mm 20 mm 25 mm
Application Depth 3 mm 5 mm 8 mm 10 mm 12 mm
Coverage Area 20 m 6 m 2.5 m 1.50 m 1 m
Note: Minimum / maximum joint width 5mm / 25mm (recommended joint depth / width ratio is 1:2)
How to use ABC Firestop Sealant
- The joints must be clean and free from dust, grease and rust.
- No primer is required for non-porous surfaces. On porous surfaces such as concrete, stone, cement and plaster a primer (mixture of one part acrylic sealant and 4-5 parts of water) can be applied.
- Min/max joint width must be 5mm/25mm. The recommended joint depth/width ratio is 1 to 2.
- Application temperature is between +5 °C and +35 °C.
- Immediately after the application, smooth the sealant at once with wet finger or a wet tool. Excess sealant can be removed by a wet cloth.
- Keep the sealed joint dry at least for two hours.
- Cured sealant can be removed mechanically.
Damp or humid conditions will significantly extend the cure time.
Do not apply below 5°C
Safety & Disposal
Bears no imminent risk to health. Check MSDS guidelines for disposal and further information concerning safety.