ZEMCOAT Skimcoat Water Resistant is a specially formulated skimcoat for ultra thin plastering application thicknesses of 0.5 – 2mm. This special variant of Zemcoat prevents the penetration of moisture, hence paint blistering is avoided. It reduces construction costs by replacing three finishing steps (concrete neutralizer, patching compound and basecoat). Ideal for application areas that need additional protection against rain or moisture, such as fire walls, facades, bathrooms and kitchens.
- Water resistant
- Water repellent makes it ideal for outdoor applications
- Prevents mold growth & paint blistering- Ultra thin application thickness (0- 2mm)
- Economical because of reduced construction & labor costs
- High initial adhesiveness and non-sag properties make it ideal for overhead applications
- Long setting time for superior finish
- Long pot life for greater workability
- Direct application on interior and exterior concrete surfaces
- Perfectly smoothens concrete & plastered masonry surfaces
- Will not crack nor leave any pinholes- Quick & easy application
- Improves bonding with most masonry paints
- Eco-friendly, low VOC levels
|Zemcoat||Application Thickness||Coverage (approx.)|
|Original||25 kg||2 mm||12.5 m²|
|5 mm||5 m²|
|Super Fine||20kg||1 mm |
- 20kg multilayer paper bag Zemcoat Water Resistant
Storage & Shelf Life: When stored in a cool dry place & in its original unopened packaging, Zemcoat Skimcoat will remain usable one year from the date of manufacture.
Warranty: Due to a variety of applications, different working methods, and the various properties of bases, we cannot assume responsibility or liability with regard to the application of our products. Our guarantee and liability are restricted to the quality of our products at the time of acceptance of the customer of such products. In no case shall our liability extend beyond the replacement of defective products, if any, found at the time of acceptance. For all deliveries and services, our General Sales Condition including warranties stipulated for each case are valid.
The surface must have cured, be structurally stable, level, even, clean and free from paint & contaminants (dirt, dust, loose material, oils, chemicals, etc.).
Caution: Before Zemcoat application, dampen substrate one section at a time using a stiff bristle brush or roller brush. For outdoors and during hot weather conditions (at noon time or during summer), wet substrate well to ensure proper bonding.
How to use Zemcoat Skimcoat – Water Resistant
In a clean plastic pail, mix clean water with Zemcoat Water Resistant. Mix to attain a smooth, creamy and lump-free consistency. Mixing In a clean plastic pail, mix clean water with Zemcoat. Mixture should attain a smooth, creamy & lump-free consistency. Use a mixing torque for best results. Mixing time: 2 – 3 minutes. Let mixture rest for 15 mins. Mix again briefly before use.
POT LIFE: 2 hrs
Caution: Use only non-absorptive materials as mixing base (plastic pail or G.I. sheet). If absorptive materials such as plywood, wooden box, gypsum board, fiber cement board or cardboard is used, it will affect the chemical properties of the product, which can result in bonding failure and poor product performance.
|Water + Zemcoat Water Resistant|
While the substrate is still damp, apply Zemcoat to desired application thickness (0.5 – 2mm) using a steel trowel. Pot Life: 2 hours. Setting time: 30 minutes.
- Zemcoat has set when the finish looks matte.
- If further smoothening is needed, sprinkle a small amount of water when the surface is about to set, then smoothen to the desired finish.
- When using variants with the same color, apply Zemcoat Water Resistant just before Zemcoat Original is about to set.
- When using variants with different colors, apply Zemcoat Water Resistant only when Zemcoat Original has already set.
Zemcoat Skimcoat must receive further finish of paint or sealer as protection. Zemcoat Skimcoat requires a minimum of 3-5 days curing prior to application of primer. This replaces the use of concrete neutralizer.