AQUASHIELD PLUS is a 2 component cementitious flexible waterproofing compound formulated for direct application over concrete surfaces. Its 2 component system utilizes a blend of cementitious materials and the latest polymer technology. This highly effective waterproofing is flexible, non-toxic, easy to apply and compatible with tiling, elastomeric paint, concrete topping and plastering. Aquashield Plus is spread in a paint-like manner to bridge hairline cracks and for total coverage. Its water base formula makes Aquashield Plus an economical and safe product to use.
- Excellent Bonding – 100% compatible with any concrete surface. Once applied, it will be monolithic with the concrete substrate.
- Flexible – Hairline cracks can be easily bridged to maintain the integrity of the waterproofing barrier.
- Non-toxic – suitable for potable water storage tanks, cistern tanks, and fish ponds.
- Fast & Easy application – New concrete surface must have cured for at least 3 – 7 days. Unlike bitumen or elastomeric type systems, there is no need to wait 28 days for full curing of concrete substrates before the application of waterproofing.
- Ready to accept further finish after curing of waterproofing application & successful flood testing.
|Aquashield Plus||Coverage (approx.)|
|4.5kg set||1.5m² (at 2 coats)|
|36kg set||12m² (at 2 coats)|
|Calculation is based on applying 2 coats of waterproofing.
Consumption is dependent on substrate condition.
Packaging: 4.5 kg set and 36 kg set (each set contains 2 components – liquid & powder)
Storage & Shelf Life: When stored in a cool dry place & in its original unopened packaging, Aquashield Plus will remain usable one year from date of manufacture.
Warranty: Due to variety of applications, different working methods and the various properties of bases, we cannot assume responsibility or liability with regard to the application of our products. Our guarantee and liability are restricted to the quality of our products at the time of acceptance of the customer of such products. In no case shall our liability extend beyond replacement of defective products, if any, found at the time of acceptance. For all deliveries and services, our General Sales Condition including warranties stipulated for each case are valid.
How to use Aquashield Plus
In the plastic pail, pour Aquashield Plus liquid (Component A) and slowly add the powder (Component B). Stir using a mason’s trowel to attain a smooth and lump-free consistency.
| 1L |
Application Use a stiff bristle brush to apply the waterproofing. It must be applied with a minimum of 2 coats where each coat is applied in a different direction (horizontal & vertical) to form a weave-like layer ensuring full surface coverage and no pinholes. Wait 4 – 6 hours before applying the second coat. If a third coat is required, observe the same time interval and procedure prior to application. In cases where water seepages or infiltration is heavy, 3 – 4 coats are recommended. Aquashield Plus must cure for at least 3 days depending on the application area, weather and site conditions before any further finishing.
Caution: For areas exposed to direct sunlight (e.g. roof deck) cover waterproofing application with a damp cloth or plastic sheet to prevent premature curing.
Any waterproofing membrane must be protected with further finishing against possible damage. Preparations must be done respectively prior to any of the following finishing choices:
- Mortar Topping – Apply mortar topping with Zembond admixture directly on cured Aquashield application.
- Zemcoat Skimcoat (thin plastering) – Prior to skimcoat, apply Redifix slurry on cured Aquashield. Slurry needs to rest for at least 4 hours or overnight before skimcoat application.
- Tile Installation – apply ABC Tile Adhesive directly on top of cured Aquashield.
- Elastomeric Paint – paint directly on top of fully cured Aquashield.