[sliceshow id=”493″] View Sectional Detail Print Technical Leaflet
ABC CONSTRUCTION GRADE SILICONE SEALANT
ABC SILICONE SEALANT CONSTRUCTION GRADE is a room temperature vulcanizing (RTV) neutral (oxime) cure with low modulus properties. It is made of 100% silicone. It has outstanding adhesive strength as well as universal applicability for a wide range of building materials such as concrete, metal, glass, PVC, plastic, wood and polycarbonates. ABC SILICONE SEALANT CONSTRUCTION GRADE can be applied in sealing concrete expansion and connecting joints, perimeter sealing of window and door frames, sealing of tekscrews, gutters and overlaps of roofs, and in assembly of appliances and automobiles. Installation of glass to all types of metal.
THE ABC SILICONE SEALANT CONSTRUCTION GRADE ADVANTAGE
- 100% Silicone
- Low Modulus
- Strong adhesion
- Low Shrinkage
- Air tight
- UV & Weather Resistant
- Permanently Elastic
✓ Clear ✓ White ✓ Silver ✓ Light Gray ✓ Dark Gray ✓ Brown ✓ Black
- DIN 18545 (D) German Institute for Standardization
- TT-S-00-1543A (USA) American National Standards Institute
- ISO 8690 (UK) International Organization for Standardization
- BS 5889 (GB) Base Station Conformance Testing
Uncured The following data is intended as guideline and not for preparing specifications. Cured Specimen measured after 4 weeks storage at 23 ℃ /50% relative humidity.
The surface must be fully cured & structurally stable . Make sure the surface is dry, clean and free from contaminants such as dirt, dust, loose material, oils and chemicals. TIP: For cleanest possible result and a perfectly straight line sealant application, especially in hard-to-reach places, use masking tape. Apply the tape covering both sides of the line to be sealed, and then remove the tape before the sealant is dry.
1. Application a. Use a standard caulking gun to dispense the sealant. Note: The use of a caulking gun ensures even distribution for a professional finish. TIP: Hold the sealant gun at an angle of 45° while pulling the gun towards yourself. Find the right working speed to properly fill the necessary gaps. b. Ensure the sealant is in contact with both sides of joints and gaps. Use foam backer rods to establish good bonding at the sides and to control the depth of the sealant. 2. Finishing Remove excess sealant and tool with flat knife. Depending on humidity & temperature, applied sealant is touch dry after 30 minutes. Note: Protect from water exposure for at least 4 hours after application.
STORAGE & SHELF LIFE
Store in a cool dry place. ABC Silicone Sealant Construction Grade will remain usable one year from date of manufacture.
Due to variety of applications, different working methods and the various properties of bases, we cannot assume responsibility or liability with regard to the application of our products. Our guarantee and liability are restricted to the quality of our products at the time of acceptance of the customer of such products. In no case shall our liability extend beyond replacement of defective products, if any, found at the time of acceptance. For all deliveries and services, our General Sales Condition including warranties stipulated for each case are valid.