ZEMCOAT Skim coat
ZEMCOAT Skim coat is a thin plastering mortar formulated for interior & exterior applications varying from 0-5mm in thickness. It covers minor imperfections, corrects surface uneveness of raw concrete and plastered surfaces to achieve a smooth finish. Zemcoat reduces construction costs by replacing three products – concrete neutralizer, patching compound and basecoat. Zemcoat is a product that is easy to apply and produces superior results.
- Crack resistant
- Superior bonding
- Corrects unevenness
- Quick & Easy application
- Indoor & Outdoor
- EN 1015-12:2000 (EN) European Standard
Tested by Setsco Services PTE LTD (Singapore)
Substrate must be structurally sound, clean & free from loose concrete, dirt, form oil & other contaminants. Prior to application, wet substrate well with clean water using a sponge or a roller brush. For outdoor application & during extreme hot weather conditions, such as noon time or summer, wet substrate very well and more frequently before applying skimcoat.
1. Mixing In a clean non-absorptive pail (plastic or galvanized iron), mix clean water with Zemcoat. Mixture should attain a smooth, creamy & lump-free consistency. Use a mixing torque for best results. Mixing time: 2 – 3 minutes. Let mixture rest for 15 minutes. Mix again brieftly before use.
Do not add additional water after final mix.
2. Application While the substrate is still damp, apply Zemcoat to desired application thickness (0 – 5mm) using a steel trowel. Pot Life: 3 – 4 hours. Setting time: 30 minutes. Curing time: 24 hours. If there is a need to increase the application thickness, apply a second coat just before the first coat is about to set. TIP: Zemcoat has set when the finish looks matte. If needed, sprinkle a small amount of water when the surface is about to set, then smoothen to the desired finish.
- 25kg bag Zemcoat Original
- 20kg bag Zemcoat Super Fine
Due to variety of applications, different working methods and the various properties of bases, we cannot assume responsibility or liability with regard to the application of our products. Our guarantee and liability are restricted to the quality of our products at the time of acceptance of the customer of such products. In no case shall our liability extend beyond replacement of defective products, if any, found at the time of acceptance. For all deliveries and services, our General Sales Condition including warranties stipulated for each case are valid.